2015 is closing in so I’ve already started doing a bit of research about opera schedules for various houses and thought I’d share them with you. Based on my research, so far, Vienna and Berlin have the best opera schedules. Might need to book flights soon! Ok, grab your pencil and filofax (or google calendar) ready!
HOW TO USE THIS POST:
- Use these schedules as a prelimiary list of operas taking place in 2015 from January – July. (I have added some operas taking place post-July as this information was available on some website.)
- Hyperlinks are added for operas as well as their respective opera houses for more information
- Make sure to have a look at the dates of the operas you would like to see as some opera houses may show the opera later in the year as well.
- I have added operas based on the date of the opening night. For example, if an opera’s opening night is on the February this DOES NOT mean that the opera is only showing in February. Always check the link and check updates from the opera house website.
- Be wary that dates and cast changes may take place.
- List will include Bayerische Staatsoper, Barbican Centre and Royal Festival Hall soon.
April Il turco in Italia
March Sweeney Todd
April Between Worlds
June The Queen of Spades
January Die Soldaten
August La bohème
September L’elisir d’amore
February Pelléas et Mélisande
May Le Roi Arthus
April Saul and david
January Andrea Chénier
February Tristano e Isotta
June La Cenerentola
November La Traviata
Apri l The Little Rosenkavalier